11th January 2022
We will be starting this term with the story of Guto Nyth Bran. We will be developing the children’s knowledge of local geography. The children will have the opportunity to represent the story using their digital skills and will develop their story writing, using Guto Nyth Bran as their inspiration. Literacy and Maths skills will be practised and developed daily.
Important points to note:
- Please ensure all clothing is labelled clearly, including PE kits and water bottles. All children need a water bottle that is refilled daily at home.
- The children will need to bring their reading books every day. We will try to change the children’s books at least weekly. Please try to read with your child daily and sign and comment in the reading record. We will not swap the book if it has not been read at least once. We may send home extra sounds and/or words for your child to practice with you.
- PE will be on Monday from the week beginning 17th January. The children can wear their kit to school. They will need a t-shirt, shorts or jogging bottoms and trainers.
- Homework will go out on a Monday and needs to be back in on Friday. This term, all homework will be on the Google Classroom Please ask if you are having any difficulty in accessing the work.
- If your child would like daily fruit, please bring £1 per week. All money needs to be in a clearly labelled envelope.
- Dinner money can be paid online. Please ask the office for details if you are unsure how to do this. Alternatively, money can be brought in on Monday in an envelope with your child’s name on.
Thank you for your continued support,
Mrs Richards and the Dosbarth Willow Team