Autumn Term 2021
Welcome to Dosbarth Oaks (Years 5 & 6). We hope you have had an enjoyable Summer holiday. Our topic this first half term will be ‘Warrior Princess’ and we will be developing the children’s knowledge of their Welsh identity and other aspects of Welsh history. On October 6th we will be visiting Kidwelly Castle, the home of Gwenllian the warrior princess. After half term the topic will be ‘Fallen Fields’ focussing on Remembrance Day and both world wars.
Some important information:
- Fruit money is £1, to be sent to school in an envelope on a Monday No later please, unless due to absence.
- Dinner money can be paid online. Please ask the office for details if you are unsure how to do this. Alternatively, cash can be brought in on a Monday in an envelope.
- PE will be on a Thursday. PE kit can be worn to school. No jewellery …pupils have to remove own ear studs or cover with plasters. Swimming details to follow as soon as we receive the information.
- Reading books are to be brought to school daily and placed in the ‘Llyfrau Darllen’ box.
**N.B. that your child will be doing guided reading with the teacher once a week and a record of their progress will be kept in their personal record book, which is kept in school and shared with you in parents’ evening. Their ‘home reader and record book’ will also be monitored either daily if needed, or at least once a week with a support assistant. Any parental comments or questions will be brought to my attention if needed. Please continue to support your child with reading regularly at home and make sure their books are brought to school every day. **
- We will provide equipment, although pupils will be allowed to bring their own equipment in if they prefer, as long as it doesn’t cause any distractions or conflict with other pupils.
- Homework will be placed on the online classroom every Monday, to be completed by 8am on the Friday.
- We have prompt starts to our teaching and learning in the mornings in key stage 2 so please contact the school office or write us a note with any important messages or information.
- In the event of any periods of Covid isolation or future lockdowns, all school work will continue online through Google Classroom and the Mathletics website. Log in details will be sent home.
- Please follow us on Twitter @miskinpri #dosbarthoaks to see your child’s learning journey!
We are looking forward to a busy, enjoyable and hopefully Covid free term!