Welcome to Dosbarth Rowan (Year 3 & 4). We hope you had an enjoyable summer holiday. Upon return to school, children in Dosbarth Rowan have two new teachers! While Mr Morgan steps up to act as Headteacher, Miss Henderson and Miss Allen have joined the school.
Our topic this term is ‘The Romans’. We will be developing the children’s knowledge of life during The Roman Times. We have already had a special visit from a Roman Celt. Literacy and Maths skills will be practised and developed daily.
Important points to note:
- Please ensure all clothing is labelled clearly, including PE kits and water bottles. All children need a water bottle that is refilled daily at home.
- The children will need to bring their reading books every day. We will try to change the children’s books at least weekly. Please try to read with your child daily and sign and comment in the reading record. We will not swap the book if it has not been read at least once. We may send home extra sounds and/or words for your child to practice with you.
- PE will be on Wednesday. The children can wear their kit to school (weather appropriate). They will need a t-shirt, shorts or jogging bottoms and trainers.
- Swimming details to follow as soon as we receive the information.
- Homework will go out on a Monday and needs to be back in at 8am on Friday. This half term, all homework will be on the Google Classroom website. Your child’s login details are attached. Please ask if you need another copy.
- Fruit money is £1, to be sent to school in an envelope on a Monday, no later please, unless due to absence.
- Dinner money can be paid online. Please ask the office for details if you are unsure how to do this. Alternatively, money can be brought in on Monday in an envelope with your child’s name on.
- In the event of any periods of Covid isolation or future lockdowns, all school work will continue online. We will be using Google Classroom, and the Mathletics websites. All login details are inside your child’s reading record. The children will be using these websites in the classroom so that they are familiar with them.
We are looking forward to a busy, enjoyable and hopefully Covid free term!
Miss Allen, Miss Henderson and the Dosbarth Rowan team!