Welcome back to the Summer Term. I hope you had an enjoyable break.
Our topic this term is “Misty Mountain, Winding River.” This is a Humanities topic and we will be out and about in the local area.
Important points to note:
- Please ensure all clothing is labelled clearly, including PE kits and water bottles. All children need a water bottle that is refilled daily at home.
- I encourage the children to read every day in school and at home. Please ensure reading books are brought to school daily. I endeavour to listen to children read weekly. If your child has a reading book from home this is good. I would like to see it to ensure it is challenging.
- PE will be on Wednesday. The children can wear their kit to school (weather appropriate). They will need a t-shirt, shorts or jogging bottoms and trainers.
- Homework will go out on a Monday and returned by Friday. All homework will be on the Google Classroom website.
- Fruit money is £1, to be sent to school in an envelope on a Monday, no later please, unless due to absence.
- Dinner money can be paid online. Please ask the office for details if you are unsure how to do this. Alternatively, money can be brought in on Monday in an envelope with your child’s name on.
- The children will be using Google classroom, Purple Mash, Seesaw and Mathletics websites in the classroom. I have placed videos and activities for them to complete weekly to support their learning. If you need support with these please let me know.
As I take responsibility for teaching Dosbarth Rowan I hope we have a full and exciting time together. As always, if you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.